Bartlett & West puts its purpose in action through pandemic-related donations
Since its founding nearly seven decades ago, Bartlett & West has operated around the purpose, “To lead our communities to a better tomorrow.” Volunteerism and charitable giving are cornerstones of how the engineering, construction and technology-solutions firm puts that purpose into action. Therefore, during the COVID-19 pandemic, the company saw unprecedented need for financial donations and chose to answer the call.
Keith Warta, Bartlett & West’s CEO, said, “We decided to establish a fund to provide direct one-time relief for people impacted by the pandemic. The decision to utilize our company’s funds during this uncertain time in this manner wasn’t taken lightly, but we don’t take our purpose lightly either.”
Bartlett & West provided financial donations to organizations within communities where the firm holds its largest offices and most staff. The programs that received Bartlett & West’s pandemic-related contributions included the following:
- Bismarck, North Dakota – The North Dakota Community Foundation COVID-19 Community and Nonprofit Response Fund provides grants to help communities address the financial impact of following public health recommendations. The grants are also available to assist organizations delivering critical services in their communities or region.
- Fort Worth, Texas – The Communities Foundation of Texas is providing support for organizations, people and communities who may be most affected by COVID-19.
- Jefferson City, Missouri – The Central Missouri Healthcare Personnel Relief Fund is being established in partnership with United Way of Central Missouri to provide emergency aid to members of the healthcare field who have been displaced or impacted by the pandemic.
- Lawrence, Kansas - Hosted by Douglas County Community Foundation, the Douglas County/Rise Lawrence Disaster Response Fund will provide flexible resources to local nonprofit organizations working with Douglas County residents impacted by the coronavirus outbreak.
- Overland Park, Kansas – Avenue of Life is bringing meals, cleaning products and necessities to the homes of those who are in need during the pandemic. This Bartlett & West donation was matched by an anonymous donor.
- Topeka, Kansas – HOST is a program that buys gift cards from small businesses in distress and gives those gift cards to displaced workers. Donations to this program are match by the local economic development organization.
As Bartlett & West saw while directing these donations, few people or organizations remain unaffected during a worldwide pandemic. With the spread of COVID-19, the need is as great as ever to help others who are struggling so that everyone can move forward, together.
Connect with us
Are you interested in receiving news and updates from Bartlett & West? Connect with us and get added to our company e-newsletter and other communications.